Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some Comic Review Links

Not a lot of time today, so instead of actually reviewing comics, I'm just gonna link to reviews of stuff I read recently.  Your comments are welcome below.

King Conan #1.  Personally, I quite liked this one.  Truman has been a good writer on Conan.

Conan Road of Kings #12 (of 12).  This was the last of the Roy Thomas series, and it was a HUGE disappointment.

Diablo #2 (of 5).  I don't know quite what to make of Diablo.  It wasn't super-accessible, and on top of that, the art is (at best) an homage to the work of Mike Mignola.  Given the title, that's not a good thing.  Still, I might give it a chance next month.

Amazing Spider Man # 678.  These guys have been on fire.  I LOVE this book.

2 comments:

  1. Diablo...is that based on the video game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Alan. I've never played the video game.

    The book is about a kid destined for some reason to wield a great sword. And his father was a berserker who killed his mother, and then he killed the father, and now the villagers are after him for being a kinslayer. Only I think the villagers are werewolves.

    I want to give this book the benefit of the doubt and say that it was super-confusing because I missed issue 1. But truthfully, I don't know if I believe that.

    ReplyDelete