Captain Marvel #1 (or Carol Danvers Got a Promotion)

Have you ever tried to raise girls who like comics?  It's not as easy as it looks.

This is a typical girl-comic cover.
By which I mean, a comic staring a girl,
in a costume inspired by S&M gear.

I mean, look, I think it's fine that there are women out there who're sexy, and I think it's okay that comic companies use sex to sell comic books on occasion.  But.  I don't want my daughters to think that that's all there is to comics, nor do I want them to feel like real women dress like hussies.  As the father of one especially voracious comic-reading seven-year-old, trust me when I say that it can become a problem.

Which is why I'm glad that Marvel is putting out a new Captain Marvel book, and that Captain Marvel is now both female and fully clothed.

Cover for Captain Marvel #1.  We got the poster at Free Comic Book Day.
Book's coming in July.  It'll be on our Pull List.
Want more?  Here.  And here.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs