#AsForDynamite: Pushing the Boundaries

After watching Will Osprey's match against Kyle Fletcher a few weeks ago, the guys are Wrestletalk said something to the effect those two guys had pushed the boundaries of what's possible in pro-wrestling in 2024 .  For what it's worth, this is what I personally like most about AEW. They not presenting the same old staid, expected crap. They are at least trying to take the art form in a new direction. We've seen this a ton lately. Whether it's Osprey just doing what he does, or Swerve cutting an extremely uncomfortable promo over another man's child. Hangman using that angle to fuel a moment in which he drinks Swerve's blood. Hell, even something as straightforward as MJF and Adam Cole building the tired, "Can they coexist?" trope into a poignant story of loneliness and male friendship. We're not seeing this kind of stuff anywhere else.

Friday Mad Science: The End of the Crisis

After almost four weeks, the crisis at work is over, and my life is at last returning to normal.  All things considered, things went well for me, personally.  It's been awhile since I've gotten to lead guys in the field, but I got to do that these past few weeks, and that's been nice.  Not that every minute of every day was awesome because that definitely wasn't the case, but overall I had good guys, and I was lucky to have them. Plus it was good to be out there, doing my thing and feeling like I was contributing to the overall health of my employer.  All things considered, I enjoy doing electric construction work more than I ever enjoyed working as an officer in the Army.  There's something about building something; planning how it's going to get built, watching it go up, and then leaving it behind to serve the people of your community after you're gone.  I really like that.

Anyway, my guys gave me a parting gift last night, and as you can see, I put it to good use when I got home this afternoon.  In fact, I even took half a day off with the specific idea of using it for its intended purpose.

Nice, huh?
* * * 
I'm gonna keep this short today, but I will note that the Olympics started this week.  The opening ceremonies are tonight, but soccer games and some of the other tournament-type competitions have already started, and I'm diggin' it.  

The once-and-future champion:
Mark Cavendish
Cycling starts tomorrow at 5:00 am, and the World Champion Mark Cavendish is heavily favored to win gold in the road race.  That's because the whole country of Great Britain barely has any categorized climbs, which means that the road race event is almost certain to finish as a bunch sprint, and with Tour de France champion Bradley Wiggins there to lead him out, Cavendish has every advantage.  Plus, well, he's already far and away the greatest sprinter of his generation.  Anyway, the race is scheduled to last until 11:00, so even if you miss the beginning, you should be able to catch the finish.

There's also some swimming tomorrow, but I'm not gonna watch that.  I may, however, try to catch the USA Women's soccer team playing Columbia at 11:50 am via the online stream.  And then there's some women's volleyball in the afternoon, also online.  Not sure I'm gonna watch that, either, but it's cool that it's available.


* * *
Finally this week, Facebook dropped to a new low after exceeding analysts' earnings expectations.  Weird, right?  What happened is that their marketing costs went WAY up, so that although total earnings went up, net income actually fell, and well... Facebook was over-priced from jump.  

Bottom line, I think Facebook is gonna be a stock price loser until they field their new phone.  If it's awesome, then watch out!  Otherwise, they might struggle for awhile.

* * *
So that's all I got.  Anybody got anything good goin' on?  Tell me what's up, yo.

Comments