Thursday, September 20, 2012

Movie Trailer: An Unexpected Journey


We see trolls and worgs in this trailer, and so I was thinking that might be where this particular movie--the first of three being made from this book--broke off.  But then I remembered that we also see Golum at the end of the trailer, so I guess they're gonn break the movie at the point I said initially was the logical breaking point--when the dwarves emerge from goblin kingdom under the mountain.  That occurs about halfway through the novel, it's a high point in the story, and it ties into the story's end.  So, logical stopping place.

But then...  where are they getting that third movie from?

I've read that these new movies are going to incorporate parts of The Silmarillion--which I've not read--so I suppose that anything is possible.  And then, too, they seem to have added quite a bit to the story, especially in regards to the elves, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment