Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Commute Report, 9/4/13

I usually put this out on Twitter, but there's way too much today. 

I don't know if it was the weather, or if school being back in session is making people crazy, or what, but I must've seen every kind of vehicular, cycling, and pedestrian insanity today. Seriously. Every kind I can think of. 

Running red lights, backing up on a one-way street, turning right (or left) directly in front of or behind me, surprise parallel parking, stopping in mid-intersection...  And that was just the cars. Two cyclists ran red lights and almost hit me, a few were riding the wrong way on one-way streets, and one refused to hold his line in a narrow space so that I almost hit him!  And nearly every pedestrian crossed the street without looking, mostly in the middle of the street despite New York's many, many crosswalks. 

*sigh*

Truly a crazy, crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment