Triathlon Season in Review

I did my last race of the season yesterday. Not bad. Full race report is coming. 

In the meantime, though, I've been reflecting a bit.  The weird thing about this season was that I finished on the podium three times and won my Age Group once. But statically speaking, those were my worst races. I scored 74.3 and 73.6 respectively according to USAT's age group ranking system. 

Meanwhile, I was middle-of-the-pack at the Griskus Oly, and I got SMOKED by what seemed like nearly everyone.  But that was statistically my best race, 74.4 vs. the national field.  

And my best race of the season?  The off-road Duathlon I did first. I scored a 78.2, and that one didn't even involve any swimming!

So. I finished the season ranked 1040/2093 in my age group nationally with an aggregate score of 74.1. That was goof for almost exactly the middle of the pack. And somehow I still managed to qualify for both the Duathlon & Olympic Distance National Championships, though I attended neither. 

What does all of that mean?  Frankly, I'm not sure I know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs