Goals for 2014

It's a New Year, which means it's time to set new goals.  Here are mine.

1.  Average under 8:30/mile for a half-marathon.
I've been enjoying running this year.  I'm not great at it, but maybe that's why I've liked doing it.  I don't try to hold myself to standards when I run, I just run.  Anyway, I don't know how much triathlon I'm gonna do this year, but I would really like to put together a decent half-marathon.  And while I'm not sure what a decent half would actually look like, averaging under 8:30/mile for early two hours seems like a good goal.


2.  Run all year without injury.
Injuries derail my running goals all the time.  I gotta fix that.

3.  Finish my book and get it ready for publication. 
Most of it's written, and I've got a plan written out for "Sneakatara Boatman and the Crown of Pluto," the last piece of it.  I just need to sit down and write this last bit--probably three or four months worth of work right there--and then I've got to get serious about re-writing and editing this thing and figuring out how to get it out there.

4.  Establish "Family Gane Night" as a weekly thing in our house. 
Our kids are eight and ten.  Which means that they still like to hang out with us, but that they're both right on the cusp of starting to pull away.  So, no exageration, this may be our last chance to have a regular family game night and have our kids be fired up about it.

I got the kids Monopoly and a Chess/Checkers set for Christmas.  Emma wants to play chess, and we need to sit down and do that on Sunday.  And so forth, going forward...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs