Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Commute Ride Report

It was a cold, muddy ride on the mean streets of Manhattan today. I was hoping to get out before the rain started, but I missed the last bit of merely overcast weather by maybe fifteen minutes.  As it turns out, it wasn't too, too bad, but now I'm on the train with wet, muddy jeans, and that's never fun.


Still the pedestrians were the worst nuisance today.  I was riding through an intersection, and this crazy woman looked right at me and then stepped straight into the bike lane just as I approached. I had the green light, but she didn't seem to care, though to be honest, she also didn't seem to be in much of a hurry. 

So why'd she do it?  I'll never know.  

Anyway, I missed her by an inch at most and that only because I leaned away at the last second. Three cheers for urban bike handling!

I'm on my way home now, and as with any day I ride safely through the City, I'm happy to have made it all in one piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment