Tri Training Log: 3/3 - 3/9 (Week 2)

This was the second week in a row that was a decent work week.  I got some work done in each discipline--twice!  All things considered, that's not bad.  

Swim
Got in the pool twice this week.  The first time was Tuesday evening, when I met my friend Ben, and we did a long set of 200's.  Then I got in again on Saturday, putting in 15 x 100 @ 1:30 after going for a five-mile run.  That Saturday workout wasn't great, but it was decent aerobic work, so I guess I'll take it.

Tuesday's workout is probably the only one that's worth reproducing here:

Warm-Up
2 x 200 @ 3:15

Main Set
5 x 200 tempo @ 2:50 (worked this set hard)
4 x 200 pull @ 3:00 

50 Warm-Down

Swimming Total: 2 x Swim Workouts (2250, 1850); 41 pts.


Bike
I rode my commute twice again last week, and it was cold both times.  

'nuff said.

Cycling Total: 2 x Commute Rides (11, 11); 22 pts.


Run
I ran on Wednesday at lunch and then again on Saturday, as I said, with my friend Ben.  Wednesday's run was just under 4 miles, holding between 8:30 and 8:40/mile.  We then took it really easy on Saturday, although that run had more hill-work than I'd done in a while.  Both runs were pretty good, but I was cognizant both times of the need to take it easy and not push, especially on my ankle, which has been plenty sore.  But as long as I can run, that's a positive, and I'll take it for what it's worth.

Running Total: 2 x Easy Runs (3.85; 5); 35.4 pts.

Triathlon Training Total: 98.4 pts.

So once again, that's not a bad week.  I put in 97 points last week and felt pretty good about it.  This week, I had 50 or so by mid-week and made a conscious decision to hold my total steady.  Next week, I'd like to push the total up to maybe 110 as we head into the Rest Week, but that's about it.  

Still, considering how uneven the past few months have been, these two weeks have been a decided improvement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs