Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Mad Science: A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Well, I tried to put up a Friday Hair Metal song this morning, but I didn't have time at home, and apparently you can't copy "embed" code off of YouTube with a smartphone. My phone keeps automatically opening the mobile site, and I guess no one but me would try to do HTML coding on a phone. So, no dice.

What's funny about that is that last Friday somebody found this blog by specifically searching for "dannos lair hair metal." So I know at least one of you likes my music, and no, you don't have to admit it. I wouldn't either. Right now, it's enough for me to know that someone, somewhere is frustrated that Friday Hair Metal is on hiatus. That right there will keep me going for awhile.

***

I'm personally tired of the election and its attendant analysis, but there's not a lot else to write about. So I'm going to just link you to my friend Amber's blog, and let her talk about it for me. That's okay, right? It's gonna have to be.

Anyway, I liked what she said. Hopefully you will too.

***

Finally, the Giants play the Bengals this weekend, and God willing, I'll get a chance to watch it. But although I think we're making good progress, I don't think I necessarily believe that we'll be at the point where I can actually go home and have a day off quite that soon.

Truth is, I'd like to write a bit more about the storms up here and the various responses to them, but we're getting to the point where, what with all the media attention and everything, I probably better not. I think there's a decent--and reasonably uplifting--story to tell about it, but I also think that there are gonna be some substantial political repercussions in and around New York as a result of the hurricane, and believe me, the last thing I need is to get involved in that. Besides, my company has professional PR people; in as much as I'd like to put my $.02 in about some of the criticism that we've taken, I know for a fact that they'll do it better than I could.

*sigh*

***

That's all I got. Have a good weekend and try to stay warm. Personally, I feel like I've been cold for a month. But it'll pass. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment