Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Round Up

We had Emma's birthday party this afternoon, and now I'm exhausted.  I started the day with a one-hour run with my triathlon team, which was great but a little tiring.  Came home and had shower and some leftover breakfast before heading out to grab Emma's balloons.  Sally'd ordered twenty-four, so needless to say, I needed the big car to get them all.  After that, I came home, and we finished decorating.  We've got some pictures, and I'll post a few once I get a chance to pull them off the camera.

Little girls started showing up for the party around one.  The party had a Penguin theme, and frankly, I'm not sure I've ever before seen that many stuffed penguins in one place in my entire life.  Our first activity was Build-a-Bear stuffed penguins!  All of the girls got one, and we all sat there and put them together as a group project.  After that, Sally had set up a bunch of games, and we ran the girls through their paces for a couple of hours.  In the end, a good time was had by all, I think, but it was tiring for the adults, and if you ask me, more than a little over the top.

But what are you gonna do?  Seven-year-olds LOVE birthdays.

In any event, now things are done, and we're kind of cleaning up a little, but I still managed to break away and get up to the liquor store for some beer.  I've got about a half-case of Sierra Nevada and a six-pack of various pilsners in the fridge, but I wanted something with some hops.  Ended up grabbing a four-pack of Dogfish Head's 90-Minute IPA along with a four-pack of their new Aprihop.  Aprihop is a spring seasonal that I saw reviewed on Beer Geek Nation last night and decided to see if it was as good as Chris Steltz seemed to think it was.

That said, frankly I don't feel like reviewing the beer myself right now.  So I'll let Steltz tell the story:

No comments:

Post a Comment