Sleepy Saturday, Random Thoughts

I'm supposed to be at the gym right now.  But I can't find the motivation.  I've been looking; it's just not there.

I've been training pretty hard this offseason, to the point where it's occurred to me that I might actually be over-training considering that it's the offseason.  By the time next Spring rolls around, if I haven't gotten any rest, I'm afraid I might be a burnt and crispy critter.  But I've kind of lost perspective on it.  I can't tell if that thought is legitimate fatigue talking or if it's just laziness because, honestly, who in the world wants to get up at 6:00 am on a Saturday just to head to the gym?

It's a conundrum, I tell you.

On the other hand, this is Connecticut, and as they say, "Winter is coming."
\
It's tough to be a triathlete with a foot of snow in the streets.  I probably ought to keep training while I can.

***
Emma has her first soccer game this morning.  It's now 7:00, and her game starts at 8:30.  I'll take some pictures.  Maybe she'll even score a goal!

***
Holy shit!  ESPN just said the Yankees were 8-1 in their last nine games!  And here I thought we were in the middle of an epic collapse.  Wow.

I don't really follow baseball, but God bless the Yankees.  This is why it's great to be a sports fan in New York.

***

***
Army plays Wake Forest today at 12:30.  The game's on the ACC Network, channel 15 on IO digital cable here in Southwest CT.  I'm in high hopes of watching.

If you're wondering, the line opened with Wake Forest at -8.  Since then, it's moved a point to -7, so for whatever reason, folks are putting money on Army.

Personally, I'm not sure I would do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs