Monday, November 26, 2012

Every Damn Time...

It's been tough to be a Tennessee Titans fan this season, but in spite of that, I decided to catch up with the team yesterday because, first off, the Giants weren't on until the night game last night, and second, because it seems like Tennessee has been playing a little better since Jake Locker came back from his injury and team owner Bud Adams publicly called the team out.  I mean, they beat Miami pretty convincingly before their bye week, and I'd have sworn that Miami was gonna hand them their ass.  So I checked back in.  I've been burned before, but despite that, I let myself believe.  The Titans were playing the theretofore 1-9 Jacksonville Jaguars yesterday, and I figured, well, no matter  how ugly the game gets, at least the Titans are probably gonna win.  I mean, Jacksonville has been God-awful all season.

Wrong.  

The Titans got six or seven sacks, got an interception on like the second play of the game, and basically had every opportunity you could ask for, but they could not close the deal under any circumstances.  They didn't score a touchdown until they were down two scores late in the Fourth, and even then, when they scored to bring the game to within two and then forced a three-and-out from the Jags with something like three-minutes left to play, that's when Jake Locker threw a terrible interception on his own side of the field, pretty much ending the game on the spot.

At this point, I don't know if the problem is that the defense isn't very good--although I don't think that was the problem yesterday--or if it's that Jake Locker isn't very good, or if there is some reason that I don't understand why the Titans' wide receivers just can't reliably catch the ball in bounds.  Like lack of concentration or whatever.  Regardless, the team was just awful in the Red Zone yesterday, and that was against a team that is probably the worst overall team in the League.  Argh.

As I write this, it's still Sunday afternoon, so God alone knows what the Giants are gonna do.  At this point, I'm a little scared.  Despite everything, the Giants still look good to with the NFC East, but if they aren't one-and-done in the Playoffs, it can only be because Tom Coughlin made a deal with the Devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment