Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I just cannot understand why anyone would attack a marathon.  The act itself accomplishes nothing, says nothing, makes no statement that rational people can understand.  It is a blip on the radar.  A vain and useless gesture that was doomed to failure before it even occurred.

The bombing is tragedy for a few handfuls of families, and my heart and my prayers go out to them.  I run races, I was in New York on September 11th...  I know well the truth that there, but for the grace of God, go I.

But like New York before it, Boston is still the great city that it was yesterday, and no single instant--no matter how terrifying--can change that.  This moment will not stop that city, will not even slow it down.

That's the truth, and no handful of lunatics can change it.

1 comment:

  1. People are crazy. It's like the 1996 Olympics all over again.

    ReplyDelete