3 Short Swimming Workouts

I work on a four week schedule: three working weeks followed by one rest week.  Last week was my rest week, and I came out of my last working week with a sore shoulder.  So my goal was this week was to take it easy, especially in terms of total yardage, but to try to put in some decent quality yardage if the opportunity presented itself.


Tuesday
5 x 100 @ 1:45 easy warm-up
300 kick
100 easy

6 x 50 @ 1:00 tempo (500 pace)

200 kick

100 easy warm down

I held :34 on the 50s tempo, which would put me at 5:40 for a 500 free.  That's exactly my goal time, so yay!


Saturday
10 x 100 free (warm up)
 -- 5 x easy @ 1:35
 -- 5 x tempo @ 1:30
100 warm-down

Half an hour teaching swimming lessons.

5 x 100 @ 1:25 aerobic pace

My shoulder felt better Saturday, but I still kept it pretty simple.  The tempo set in the middle felt pretty good, and I held between 1:16 and 1:18.  The last five were a struggle after teaching, but what can you do?


Sunday
5 x 100 @ 1:30 easy warm-up

10 x 100 @ 1:25 hard aerobic pace

100 warm down

Sunday was by far the most aggressive workout of the week.  My shoulder felt much better, so I pushed about as hard as I normally do, I just kept the total workout still relatively short.

My goal with the main set was to hold 1:15 per 100 free while keeping my heart rate below 80% of my max, or about 145 bpm.  I got straight into a groove and was actually able to do that, which was awesome.  In fact, my heart rate in the middle of the set was about 145, but it actually went down towards the end, to something like 141.  That means I was making good use of my heart rate volume, which is key to swimming fast over time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs