Friday, May 25, 2012

Trip to Washington, Part 1

We drove down to Washington, DC, for a long weekend yesterday, and so far what I can say is that I've learned a few things:

1.  Going from I-87 South to the George Washington Bridge and I-95 South is never a good idea.  We left the house at about 10:30 am yesterday, and got to the interchange around noon.  I figured that to the extent that traffic over the bridge is ever good, that would be about the best we could do during non-overnight hours.  Wrong!

2.  It costs a lot to drive through New Jersey and Delaware.  I think the tolls in Jersey were somewhere north of $13.50, and the drive through Delaware was another $8 or $12.  Wow!

3.  Driving through DC and northern Virginia is at least as confusing as driving through New Jersey.

4.  Mixing Sierra Nevada's new Hopnotic IPA with other beers is a mistake.  At 10.7% ABC, Hopnotic is a big beer.  But it still goes down really smoothly.  Today I have quite a little headache going.

No comments:

Post a Comment