Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Hair Metal: A Retrospective of Sexiness

I'm not in a metal mood this morning.  These first two are favorites, and they're about the same topic, too, so I've grouped them.



To make my point about sexiness, I probably should have used the official video here.  But.  This gig is live from Paris, and what could be sexier than that.



The idea here was to show some kind of progression.  George Michael treats these topics with a soapy kind of respect.  Timberlake is singing about a broken heart, but in the music video, he's clearly calling his (very famous) ex a slut.  And then there's Katy Perry, for whom the whole topic is a gag.

Also: in my head, I call her "Cat-E".  Is that weird?



Anywho, let's go back to the Master.  Supposedly Michael was actually dating the girl in the video at the time that it was shot.  Ironic, then, that the whole song comes off today as a last gasp for hetero respectability before old George comes out of the closet and makes a whole different kind of music.  

I'm a big George Michael fan, but I Want Your Sex is not by any means one of his better tunes.



So...  What'd I miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment