News & Notes (Saturday, 12/29/12)

Today's news spot isn't gonna be actual news.  It's more like personal news--that is to say it's news about me.
  • Last week I wrote a bit about wanting to restart my long-running D&D campaign, The Sellswords of Luskan.  Well, I actually took steps to do it.  The "new" game is called Revenge of the Sellswords of Luskan, and it's being hosted on the Myth-Weavers forum, which is where I personally go to play D&D Play-by-Post (PbP).  I've got four of five of my original Players back, but we haven't actually started the game yet because...
  • I spent the last month writing a novella for my kids as one of their Christmas presents.  What's cool about that is that because I had a concrete deadline, i.e. Christmas, I had to really buckle down and work, forcing myself to stay exclusively on this one thing.  The good thing about that is that I actually managed to finish the rough draft on Christmas Eve morning, and then I finished my first re-write yesterday.  So I'm actually done!  But I would like to find a good test-reader or two, so if you're interested in that, let me know.
  • My wife gave me a Phiten Tornado Titanium Necklace yesterday.  It's supposed to help redirect your body's energy, enhancing sleep, helping you recover after exercise, and just generally giving you more energy.  Personally, I can't imagine how that's possible, but I've been wearing the thing for about the last eighteen hours, and I do feel terrific.  Maybe the thing acts as some kind of half-assed Faraday Cage?  I can't think of another way it might actually affect your body--and for that matter, even if it does act as a Faraday cage, I don't know exactly how that would help--but then again, I'm not much on all of this new age medicine crap, either.
The Phiten Tornado Necklace
  • Finally, wow, what a difference running in the cold makes.  I went out for a run with Sally this morning in thirty-degree weather, and for once she was the one struggling, and I was the one feeling great.  That said, if you followed the link there, you know that I use MapMyRun.Com all the time to track my runs, and that's fine, but the app on my iPhone is only about 85% to 90% accurate.  Which is another way of saying that it's 10% to 15% inaccurate, and that's really annoying, especially on longer runs.  It seems to work a little better when I give it a few seconds to start up before I actually start running.  And then too, it's way better than nothing, but still.  I often find myself wonder exactly how far I ran at the end of a workout, and that's even with the pedometer in use.
And that's all I've got for today.  Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs