Sad Angel, Iron Man, Marvel Comics, and Infinity

I read today that Fleetwood Mac has just put out a new EP.  This is the first cut from the album, called Sad Angel.




For what it's worth, I spent some time trying to find a version of this song with decent sound.  This one's not bad, but if I could have found an official studio version, I'd have played that.

***
Iron Man 3 made almost $200 million overseas last weekend, and it looks poised to do even better this weekend when it opens in the States.  With that in mind, Marvel has released a movie-style poster for its next comic event.


Comic sales are up for the first time that I can remember over the last couple of years, and that's great.  But still... if you ask me, it'd be nice if some of the success of the movies helped the base medium grow and get beyond some of the ideas that have been more or less dominant since the 1960s.  It's not that I'm not enjoying the current stuff--because I totally am--but it'd be nice to hear some legitimately new voices and new storytelling paradigms, and frankly, if those aren't coming now, then when?

Anyway, the Infinity event is obviously going to spin out of Jonathan Hickman's current run on Avengers, which I'm already on record here as enjoying immensely. The last issue was trippy as Hell, but it's certainly been an entertaining ride.

And yes, if you're wondering, that is a Starbrand in the background of this poster.  What's up with that?  Well, we're not really sure yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs