Sunday, November 17, 2013

LinkedIn Profile Update

I don't know that I necessarily think LinkedIn is a useful tool, but I've still spent some time updating my profile this morning.  When I set it up, I was thinking of it as a way to try to get more freelance writing work, but I've not spent any time actually looking for freelance work, and if I'm being honest, I'd really rather spend the time working on "War Stories from Wanderhaven."  For better or worse, I'd very much like to get that out next year.

But.  You never know who's looking at this online stuff.  Hence the update, which will hopefully make the thing a little more professional-looking.  At the very least, they're giving me a chance to get my resume out there; I might as well try to make it a resume worth reading.

Here is the link to my updated profile.

If you get a chance, take a look and let me know what you think, add me to your network, whatever you want to do.

I'm not looking for a new job, but at the same time, I go to some trouble to disaggregate my online presence from my actual career--which means that you'll no longer find information about my work, including my LinkedIn profile, anywhere on this blog, on Facebook, or on Google+--so this is pretty much your last chance to peak into my working life before I close that door forever.

Your thoughts are welcome, though.  I'd very much like to improve the way my resume reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment