2014 Movie Calendar

I cribbed most of the data for this list from Newsrama. They listed ten movies to watch in 2014. I'm only giving you nine.

February 12 - Robocop
This may not need a remake, but the remake we're getting looks pretty good. I'm psyched.



April 4 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
You ask me, this looks like it's gonna be the best movie of the year.



May 2 - Amazing Spider-Man 2
Looks like it's an amalgamation of Ultimate Spider-Man and The Death of Gwen Stacy, and there are a ton of villains. But the studio has already order TWO more movies in the series, so clearly they think something's working.


May 16 - Godzilla
The trailer totally won me over.  I can't wait to see the new take on this.

Godzilla!
Is this the greatest poster ever, or what?

May 23 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
My kids are looking forward to this.  Personally, I think it looks like a Big Screen version of the cartoon Wolverine and the X-Men, but that's not a bad thing. 



June 24 - Transformers: Age of Extinction
I know what you're thinking.  But hey, there are Dinobots!  They're supposed to be releasing the first footage for an ad during the Super Bowl, so we'll be getting our first look at Grimlock pretty soon.
I'm betting that Grimlock doesn't look much like this in the new movie.

August 1 - Guardians of the Galaxy
Folks are digging the look of the new stills, so I guess I'm crazy. Anyway, God willing, this'll be the new Star Wars.  It certainly could be.



August 8 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Say what you want about Michael Bay, there's a ton of Turtles cannon out there, and most of it is at least decent. Much is excellent. I'm cautiously optimistic. I love the Turtles.


November 21 - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (Part 1)
I'm in the tiny minority of readers who liked Mockinjay more than Catching Fire and as much as the first Hunger Games book. In fact, I thought Mockingjay was the best of the three in many ways. That said, it's a short book that definitely does not need two movies to tell the story.

The cover for Mockingjay, the last book in the
Hunger Games trilogy.

Comments

  1. Too bad not many of these are coming to Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs