Tri Training Log: Feb 16th to 22nd

This wasn't a great week of training or anything, but I managed to swim twice and run three times, and considering how hard it's been to get out there lately, that seems like a victory.


Swim
The secret of my success is that I had Monday off.  I got down to the pool, did 200 SKIPS and 10 x 100, 5 @ 1:30 and 5 @ 1:25.  Then I hit the treadmill.  Saturday was similar.  I again opened with 200 SKIPS, then did 20 x 100 @ 1:30, ten swimming and 10 pulling.

Swimming Total: 2 x swims (2050, 3100); 51.5 pts


Bike
No way.  There's something like four inches of ice on the roads.


Run
I ran three miles on the treadmill Monday, ran another three miles at lunch on Wednesday, and then got out yesterday for four miles in our first decent weather in a month.  It was wet, but it was exactly 40-degrees and sunny.  I wound up running in shorts.

Running Total: 3 x runs (3.1, 3. 4); 40.4 pts

Triathlon Training Total: 91.9 pts

Sadly, that's more points than I've managed in weeks.

I will say this, though: I may not be riding much these days, but with fewer workouts, I'm able to go a little harder, especially when I run.  All three runs this week were between 8:30 and 9:00/mile pace, and that's not bad.  Maybe the uptempo work will pay some dividends later.  We'll see.

Comments

  1. I don't know SKIPS... what are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 200 SKIPS:
      -- 200 Swim
      -- 200 Kick
      -- 200 IM
      -- 200 Pull
      -- 200 Swim

      That's my favorite long warm-up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs