Saturday, October 3, 2015

Comic Preview: Dr. Strange #1

With the movie coming in the semi-near future, it's no surprise that Marvel is also moving to put out some comics.  Dr. Strange is a character who hasn't always been able to carry his own book with overwhelming success--he sometimes struggles with sales depending on where the market is in relation to his particular backstory and skillset--but then, the same can certainly be said for the Guardians of the Galaxy, and it's not like Blade has ever been able to carry his own book.  And yet, those properties both of had movies that did well.  My sense is that if the Dr. Strange movie is as awesome and entertaining as everything else that Marvel has done, it'll do just fine.

I like everything about this except for the axe, which seems like a weird choice
for a Sorcerer Supreme.
This one is very reminiscent of Mike Mignola's Hellboy to me.
I like it quite a lot.
I should note that I pulled these off of the five-page preview over at Comic Book Resources.

While we're talking about it, Mignola has done some Strange covers.  This one looks so amazing that I think I'm gonna have to go dig up the back issues on Comixology.  

I mean, come on.  You know you want to read this, right?

The lines here are much cleaner and starker than the one above.
I'm glad I pulled it, or I don't think I would have noticed.
Happy Saturday, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment