The Mermaid: A PC Race Design for D&D

We have a rule at our house.  Everyone in our family has to make a Christmas gift for everyone else in the family.  My daughter Hannah has been clamoring to play D&D as a mermaid for months now, so this design for a Mermaid Player-Character race was my made-gift to her.

It's pretty simple, but she was delighted with it, immediately launching into a deep discussion of the four sub-races of mermaids--arctic, tropical, river, and deep--and their shared history, theology, and lineage.

We may publish an update with the four sub-races.  Who knows?

Update: We did publish a new version.  It's here:

Mermaids Revisited: A PC Playable Race for D&D’s 5th Edition (Ver. 2.0)

Go read the new one!

Comments

  1. I'm happy i finally got the right spell caster that gave me the powerful magic ring that can turn me into real and beautiful mermaid any time i want to. I just say a word to the ring and i poses a real tail and do not have to wear a plastic tail to look like one. Over 3 months of joining the real mermaid family things have become very easy for me, i have automatically become a good swimmer, anytime i need money i just read the mermaid book given to me by them and do the needful rictuals. I'm benefiting a lot as part of the mermaid family and i'm prepared to contest in the America got talent show, i'm not suppose to share the contact but we all have to help save and protect the ocean. Note: please do not contact Mother if you are not up to 18 years and another thing is that she is always busy and don't like disturb after she gives you instructions. Here is the real mermaid and merman spell contact: joinmermaidfamily @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for uploading, helps me make a base for my homebrew mermaids

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs