Thursday, January 2, 2020

Goals for 2020

As I've said before, we don't call them resolutions at Casa Cabeza.


Let's start with a review from last year.

Goals for 2019
1. Grow As For Football, both in readership and in coverage. 
Yup.  We totally did this.

2. Swim well and compete in at least two charity races in 2019.
I swam well.  I did not compete in that elusive second race.  I was hoping to get down to Houston to swim with my buddy, but it just didn't work out.

3. Get a full draft of Playing With Fire down somewhere.
Total failure.  I don't know if I've worked on this more than twice in the last year.

4. Continue living locally.
This is probably my biggest point  of emphasis and also arguably my biggest success.  It's still kind of a struggle, but I have friends and a life locally, and that matters a lot.

* * *

Goals for 2020

1. Watch less bad football.
I have no idea how much I'll be able to control this, but after a year in which Army and the New York Giants collectively won less than ten games, good God, I've got to spend less time with these teams when they're actively depressing.

2. Care less about things I cannot control.
This goes along with the above, but it's more than that.  Letting random stuff drive you crazy is a bad idea for anyone.  I'm probably a little worse about it than most, and that's a bad deal.

3. Ski more.
I love skiing, it's totally within my control, and it helps tremendously in terms of fighting the natural struggles of the Northeast's Gloom Period.  I've personally got to find ways to get outside during daylight, even when the days are short up here.  Skiing is my favorite way to do that.

4. Continue living locally.
I still love my friends and classmates, but my life is in Connecticut, and that's where it needs to be focused.

5. Finish drafting something that's not in any way related to As For Football.
Right now, it looks like that might be the third Sneax book, but whatever.  As with the first two goals above, I need to do more work that actually matters to me, for me.

That's it.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment