Monday, March 2, 2020

XFL Pics: NY Guardians vs. LA Wildcats

I don't know how many folks read my XFL recap yesterday.  Emma and I had a lot of fun despite the cold, but maybe my favorite part of the game was taking a bunch of football pics.  I started working on photography because I wanted to better express what it feels like to watch Army at Michie Stadium, and being at MetLife gave me the chance to practice my new favorite hobby in an athletic context.

I ran some of these as part of my recap.  Others got cut because I flat ran out of space.  Regardless, these were my favorites from the game.  The good thing about running them here is 1) I can talk a little more about them, and 2) I can spend a little more time considering the display in terms of size and aspect ratio.

As always, pics after the jump.

Emma outside the stadium.  I'm unreasonably
pleased with this composition.
The Guardians' gargoyle is a lot smaller than I thought it would be.
I didn't love this pic initially, but I was pleased with this edit.
Was really pleased with this one.  Wanted to catch the mood in the parking lot, and I feel like I actually got it.
Two-shot selfie in the stands.
In the stands.  As you can see, we had our choice of seats.

Emma took this shot in the little pub just behind our seats.
The best shot I took yesterday by a mile.  I think these guys are New York's D-Line.
Emma modeling my new hat.
I took this about an hour before the game.  Was just trying to show Sally where we were sitting.
LA punt return.
LA missed this kick late in the game, giving New York the win.

That's all I've got.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment