Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Comics: The Adventures of Hiro Arturian, Samurai (Day 1)

The Adventures of Hiro Arturian, Samurai.
Click here to see the Cover at Full Size.
After writing the bit about Bronx Angel: PBAM last week, I decided that I'm not quite ready to run that.  I don't know; maybe you won't think it's as bad as it seems to me, but I know that my father certainly hated it--of course, it was mostly about him--and I'm with the few regular readers that I have here.  I'm not quite ready to alienate them--or really, even to risk it.

So.  The Adventures of Hiro Arturian, Samurai is a webcomic that a friend of mine named Kevin Fraga and I did together.  Kevin is an awesome guy with a very distinctive style, and I liked that way that his style juxtaposed with the rest of the story.  I felt like it reinforced the basic ideas at work quite effectively, if unconventionally.  You'll see what I mean in a minute.

The other thing that may or may not be interesting about this is that it represents the kind of thing I started doing after I gave up on doing more conventional, straightforward political pieces.  I realized that what some other famous writers had said before was true--you can say what you want about whatever you want, but bottom line, you're much more likely to find success and not piss people off if you put it into some kind of allegory.  So that's what's going on here.

Take that for what it's worth.

The Adventures of Hiro Arturian, Samurai: Page 1.
Click here to see the page at full size.


No comments:

Post a Comment