Saturday, November 7, 2015

Go Army Swimming!


"For the first time in over a decade, the Army West Point men's swimming and diving team edged Columbia. The Black Knights defeated the Lions in a close, 153-143, dual-meet on Friday night. Army maintained its unbeaten streak on the year and improved to 4-0 overall."

This meet saw some blisteringly fast times.  Tom Ottman's 9:37.8 in the 1000 is super-impressive, but it's Jay Yang's 1:49.5 in the 200 fly that's got my personal attention.  That is astonishingly fast for an early-November dual meet.  Army placed first, third, and fourth in my old event, in what I sincerely hope is a sign of things to come (for those wondering, my lifetime best would have placed 3rd in this race, which is amazing considering that it's a mid-season dual meet).


A video posted by Army Swim And Dive (@armywp_swimdive) on


This is the best that Army's swim teams have looked in my memory.  Both the Men's and Women's teams are off to 4-0 starts.

Click to enlarge.  Full schedule is here.
I'm super-excited for those kids.  They've really got something reallt special going up there this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment