I Dreamed Last Night...

...that I joined the U.S. Coast Guard.


To be fair, most of the dream revolved around me trying to figure out how to explain my decision to my wife.  "Um, honey?  This engineering thing isn't working out for me.  So I joined the Coast Guard.  I leave for Basic Training on Saturday."  Heh.  In the dream, I had to put off my initial training for a week because of the 10K we're running this weekend.

Being in the Coast Guard does look cool, though, right?  Eh, maybe it's just me.  But I can think of worse ways to spend your time than cruising around in a small ship rescuing drunk dudes from their capsized boats and busting drug dealers in super-small mini-subs.

Unfortunately, I never have the dreams anymore where it's just me and a giant bed and a beautiful woman, at the center of Giants' Stadium, with the crowd screaming my name.  I used to have those, but sadly, I think my testosterone level has dropped too much for that anymore.

* * *

As you may've guessed, there's nothing much going on today.  Got the NFL Draft starting tonight, but I can't work myself into a frenzy about it.  The Titans need a ton, none of it exciting, and the Giants are picking last.  I think I'm gonna wait and catch the results in the New York Times instead of watching it live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs