Arbonne

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, my wife started selling Arbonne cosmetics last night.  She and her mentor and her friend Katarina held a launch party at our house last night to inaugurate the beginning of the journey.

My wife and her mentor at the Arbonne launch party last night.
I'll be honest and say that I was not personally super-excited about starting with Arbonne.   In the first place, I don't picture Sally doing sales.  Not that I don't think she can, but it's just that she's always been more of a "Save the Whales," "Teach to Under-Priviledged Children" type of girl--at least in my mind.  And then, too, I can't help being a little skeptical of the whole in-home cosmetics sales model. I grant you that there is something to be said for making an emotional connection with your target audience, and for that in-home sales are great.  But.   I mean, it's not like you're drawing a salary when you start.  I mean, you ask me, work is where you do something and someone pays you for your time.  Anything else is a hobby, volunteerism, or a scam.

Suffice it to say that Sally has heard all of these objections many times over.  She remained committed. What else was there to do but support her?

So last might we had a party.  I sat dutifully through her mentor's pitch, discussed my triathlon career and dieting goals with the group in terms of Arbonne's protein shakes and diet plans--regular readers will know that I diet routinely and that I'm more than a little experimental in my approach to staying fit--and bottom line, I did what I could to help the cause.   Gradually though, as I was listening to the pitch, it dawned on me that what Sally's mentor said was right.

"Sally has all the tools it takes to succeed in this business."

It's true.  She does.  She's beautiful but real and demonstrably committed to leading a healthy productive life.  That's the image that Arbonne as a company is trying to sell, and in that, my wife is her own best advertisement.

So.  I don't know if you're looking for all-natural, vegan skin care products, cosmetics, and dietary supplements, but if you are, do me a favor and drop me a line.  I've got someone here who'd like to talk to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs