Daredevil Update: The Sizzle Reel

Two weeks ago, I wrote a bit about Daredevil reverting to Marvel/Disney and my almost-certainly-vain hope that Daredevil would somehow get made into a TV show.  Well, director Joe Carnahan (The A-Team, Smokin' Aces) made a last-ditch attempt to get a DD movie made at 20th Century Fox using the following as a "sizzle roll" in order to show his vision for the project.  Then, when the project went "tits up" (his words), Carnahan posted the sizzle roll to YouTube.  Which is how I came by  it.


Carnahan said this was a 70's, Frank Miller-style take on Daredevil.  And I like it okay, but it's not by any means my favorite take on the character, especially since the first Daredevil movie was also based around those old Frank Miller stories.  

I mean, I like all those Frank Miller stories, but to be very clear, there are plenty of other Daredevil stories that are worth telling.  If they're gonna make a new set of Daredevil movies--at this point, that's by no means a sure thing--I'd personally like to see them tackle some new ideas.


New to Daredevil?  Do yourself a favor and start here, DD #406 (aka Vol.2 #26).  The digital back issues are $1.99 each.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs