I've about made my peace with Christmas...

...but the holidays are playing havoc with my workout schedule. Or maybe it's just that the shorter days this time of year are making me lazy. Regardless, I know that I had big workout plans for this past weekend, but when all was said and done, it was a total loss. I got nothing done whatsoever.

No running, no biking, no swimming.

Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

Don't get me wrong. I know it's not really a big deal or anything. Not yet. Not really. But coming off of last week's race and then a follow-up week where I felt like I ran pretty well--the one time that I actually got out to run--and rode well when I was doing my commute ride, truth is, I was all fired up.

But what can you do? 'Tis the season, right? I mean, I got a lot of shopping done, and I got my ironing done, and Sally hosted her Christmas party. That stuff is important.

Still. I can feel the offseason ending like an itch in the back of my mind. A part of me is stuck in the phantom pain of next year's races. I want to get out there and start doing it.

I'm ready.

Now I just need to find the time to start getting it on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs