My Parents, as Newlyweds

Sally found this picture someplace today and left it out for me where I'd find it this evening.

My folks as kids together.  My mother's last words to me were, "Love was good."
I hope it was.
This is my folks as young twenty-somthing's.  Dad has to be a lieutenant in the Marines, either on his way to Vietnam or just back from there.  If I had to guess, I'd say he's just back because of the mustache.  Or maybe this is during his mid-tour leave in Hawaii.

My mother, meanwhile, looked the way that I know that she always looked in her mind's eye, even on the day that she died.  She was beautiful back in the day, and I know for a fact that she took pride in being my father's Beautiful Wife.

***
There were a lot of things that I never really understood about my folks, mysteries that they took to their graves.  But I know that they were happy together once upon a time, and that makes it a little easier for me now as I remember them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs