Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sally's Birthday Hike, 2013

Sally's birthday is this weekend, and she invariably wants to go hiking on days like that.  So we drove out to Redding, CT, yesterday, to Huntington State Park, and we hiked.  The hike turned out to be about 4.5 miles according to MapMyHike, and for what it's worth, we saw West Point's Orienteering Club out there working out as well.

Anyway, I took some pictures.

Hannah and Emma heading down from the parking lot into the park.
The girls overlooking the reservoir from a little wooden bridge.
The trail we followed.
I was trying to get the whole scene in one frame and finally decided to use
the panaramic feature.  Unfortunately, that always distorts the foreground.
Emma found her point!
The Faithster.
This rest stop descended into a doggie-petting moment.
 I filtered these last three through Instagram before uploading them.

Hannah, Emma, and Faith.
My girls.  Hiking.
I took several of these selfies.  This is the only one that even halfway came out,
and if I'm being honest, I don't really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment