Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Frankenstein

Sally and I attended our first Coastal Connecticut Arts Guild meeting as a couple last night. I don't much think of myself as an "artist", but Sally considers my writing to be art, and I enjoyed the meeting. We spent some time talking about guild business, discussing ways to get our various works out there as well as potential community projects that the guild is considering, and I thought most of that was great. Then one of the new guild members started showing some of his sculpture, and things really got interesting.



This piece was inspired by Dean Koontz's Frankenstein.  The sculptor then added prosthetic limbs to be creature because in his day job he often works fashioning them, and he imagined a more sinister use for his day-to-day labors. 

I really liked this piece, as did the rest of the group. I've never read Koontz's Frankenstein, but the original is one of my all time favorites, so I may have to put it on my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment