Monday, January 19, 2015

Tri Training Log: Jan. 12 to 18, 2015 (Week 2)

One of my goals for this year was to get into the gym and stay there.  So far, that's been tough.  This week was not a bad week of training, but I need to find the time and energy to add some weight-lifting to my routine, but so far, that has not been easy.


Swim
I got in the water twice this week.  Tuesday was kind of a grunt-work day.  Bottom line, we did 10 x 200 @ 3:00 minutes, and while that wasn't necessarily fun, it was an effective aerobic endurance workout.

Saturday was a little more interesting.  We started with a long warm-up, did some butterfly tempo work, and closed out with 10 x 100 tempo.

Warm-Up
200 SKIPS*

Main Set
15 x 50 @ 1:15
 -- 5 x through the following:
 ------ 2 x 50 fly (tempo pace)
 ------ 1 x 50 free (easy)

6 x 50 kick @ 1:05

10 x 100 pull @ 1:30 (85% pace)

Warm-Down
100 easy

This was a good workout.  I started off stiff but swam better once we started doing stroke work.  Then we built to a strong finish in the last set.  By the time we finished, I was tired but satisfied.

Swimming Total: 2 x swim workouts (2000, 3150); 51.5 pts


Bike
It was freezing cold this week, but I rode four times.  I won't say it was fun, but I did it.

All things considered, there were lots and lots of lunatics out on the roads.

Cycling Total: 4 x commute rides (4 x 10.3); 41.2 pts


Run
I didn't get into the gym, but I did get in three runs, and that's good.  I ran last Sunday, came back and ran again Monday, and then ran again on Friday.  My Monday and Friday runs were both short lunchtime runs, but I got out there, and that's what counts.

It was tough to get out on Sunday.  It was a lazy day with lots of rain, but Sally eventually talked me into going, and I'm glad I did.  I wound up heading to the YMCA and getting on the treadmill.  This is usually disastrously boring, but I had my tunes, and the NFC Championship Game was on, so instead of slogging through thirty minutes of boredom and pain, I enjoyed myself.  I ran easy, set a pace I could maintain, and watched the game.  Wound up going five miles.  In the end, I almost balanced my swimming and running totals, which is usually a pretty good goal for me.

Running Total: 3 x runs (2.6, 2.9, 5); 42 pts.

Triathlon Training Total: 134.7 pts

That's not bad.  Considering that we're heading into racing season, this is about where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment