Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Thoughts on the WWE

I haven't made much of an effort to follow the WWE lately, but man, last night's show was terrific. The opening match with Roman Reigns and King Barrett was great, and the middle section with John Cena and Kevin Owens was one of my favorite segments in years. 

I'm usually a guy who HATES Cena, but now I'm wondering if maybe the problem was that he just needed the right push. Because for as good as I thought Owens was with his bit -- and he was very good -- Cena tore the house down.  First he drops a match to put over a credible threat, and then he uses it to fire up one of the most interesting feuds he's had in about a decade...  Who the Hell is this guy, and what did he do with the old John Cena, the most wooden superstar since the Ultimate Warrior?  

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm interested in Cena and in the WWE for the first time in a long time, and that's good.  I also think it's good that they're putting over more young guys, that they've found a way to put the best workers they've got into the Title picture. That bodes well for the future. 

I don't know what changed, but whatever it is, it's working. 

1 comment:

  1. Back in 2010, Wade Barrett said things were about to change "dramatically and permanently." He was talking about NXT. I think he about got that right. Now we're seeing the fruits of that initial burst of excitement. The only thing that could possibly make this better would be if AJ Styles finally comes aboard.

    ReplyDelete