Friday, June 8, 2018

Swim Across the Sound 2018

I out this out on FB and Twitter on Tuesday, but let me say it again here: we're still looking for some support for Team RBG in this year's Swim Across the Sound.  A lot of folks have "liked" and "retweeted" the links for our quest, and that's great, but as of this writing, we're still quite a ways short of our total fundraising goal.

Link: Team RBG and the Swim Across the Sound

Selfie taken during last year's Swim.
Last year's team.  This will be my 3rd year doing the Swim but my first year
leading a team of my own.
I've talked about this before, but I'd like to reiterate.  The Swim Across the Sound is my favorite charity.  It's a local cancer charity that supports families in Connecticut to get cancer screenings and when they have to deal with the fallout from cancer diagnosis and treatment, it helps then, too.  If you've never been through it, let me assure you that the fight against cancer is not fun, and that it affects far more than just the person suffering.

Team RBG stands is "Team Rock the Black & Gold."  We're hoping to get four guys from the Class of 1995 Army Swim Team out on the boat for the swim, but--full disclosure--we're still working to figure out exactly who is going to participate.  My buddy and Andy and I are definitely doing it, but we may yet have to reach out to the greater Army Swimming community to get a couple of fill-ins if some of the other guys can't de-conflict some stuff on their calendars.  But that's life.  It doesn't much impact the fundraising effort.

Graceful, am I right?
Swimming action shot!  From the middle of Long Island Sound.
We made the paper after the race last year.
We're swimming all the way across Long Island Sound, from Port Jefferson, NY, to Captain's Cove in Bridgeport, Connecticut.  That's 15 miles!  Folks, if you can afford to lend us a little support, every dollar counts.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment