Pics from Rhode Island

Sally and I went camping up in Rhode Island last week while our girls were on a mission trip to Philadelphia.  We stayed at a campsite maybe five miles north of Newport.  We were only up there for three days, and it felt like we spent half our time setting up or tearing down, but it was still nice to get away.  We spent a day at the beach and a day out on the bikes, and I cooked a lot on the travel grill.  The trip itself was a lot of work, but it was also fun.  

I took this one for the Grill Geek Instagram account.  I took it myself using my
camera's ten-second count-down timer and Night Portrait mode.
World Cup celebration.
I took these pictures with the camera I got for the coming Army Football season.  I was originally looking just for a simple point-and-shoot, but on my friend Matt's advice, I bought used and went a little upscale.  The camera itself is 2014 tech, but I prioritized optical zoom and wound up with a decent piece of entry-level equipment.  I'm not some great photographer, but I read the manual cover-to-cover, and I then spent a good amount of our trip playing with the settings.  Results are below.
Campsite at night.
Wine with dinner.
I spent a good chunk of the weekend cooking like this.  Via GrillGeek_PWF.

Out on the bikes.  Grrr!
(We took this one on Sally's phone)
Stop for smoothies (also via Sally's phone).
We went to Newport's Third Beach, and it was super-crowded.  The conditions were perfect, though, and thankfully,
neither Sally nor I minds walking a bit.
Billy the Lifeguard.
This picture doesn't do him justice.  This was one beautiful man.
We walked down the beach and straight into a fog bank.  Eerie.
Bodysurfing.  Sally took this shot.  I aggravated my tendinitis doing this, and
it still hurts.  Argh!
Sally and another beautiful lifeguard.  I had to crop a bunch of these pics to get the look that I wanted.
I didn't know Newport had a cathedral, nor that it overlooked the beach.  A glorious structure.
Playing with high contrast monochrome.  This was probably the best shot of the weekend.
Same shot but in color.
Monochrome shot of our campsite.  I don't know if this is great art, but it is
a decent place to end this post.

Happy Saturday, friends.  Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs