Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Pics from St. Sauveur & Acadia Mountain

 Sally and I hiked St. Sauveur and the Acadia Mountain Trail while we were up in Maine last week.  As the title of this post suggests, these are our pictures.

The hike wasn't too bad save for the climb up Acadia Mountain itself. The mountain is not quite seven hundred feet high, but the way is extremely steep.  We also got turned around a bit at one of the trail junctions.  I blame myself, but we were trying to follow the signs instead of looking at our map, which was an obvious error in retrospect.

I should note, too, that we took our dog but left our kids at the campsite.  This would've been a little much for them.  For better or worse, this just isn't their thing.

Our route, via AllTrails.com
As you can see, it's steep towards Acadia's peak.

More pics after the jump. 

Echo Lake as seen from the St. Sauveur trail.

Faith on the ascent

Overlooking Somes Sound

This was typical for the trail once we hit Acadia Mountain.

This isn't the steepest part of the climb. It's the steepest part where I remembered to take a picture.

Somes Sound as seen from on the climb up Acadia




Obligatory couple-selfie.  Note: I've finally trimmed my beard since we've been home.


One last shot of Somes Sound

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment