Sunday, May 29, 2022

Blog Shots: St. Thomas & Water Island (2022)

Sally and I took the kids to St. Thomas for a quick family vacation last week. Needless to say, we took a LOT of pictures. This first set is from the area in and around Water Island.



We ended up staying at the Virgin Islands Campground, which is on the back side of Water Island overlooking a spot called Limestone Beach. Limestone Beach is so-named because it's covered in limestone coral deposits that wash ashore as the bits of coral themselves die off and are replaced by new coral.

We "camped" in little bungalows overlooking the water. Sally and I shared one while the kids shared another. 
 
The view from our bungalow.

I wore this hat pretty much all week. My daughter called this look "Water Cowboy".

Sally takes her ease with one of the VI's own mango IPAs.

Overlooking Limestone Beach.

The girls on our walk down to Limestone Beach that first night.

Hannah at the beach.

Emma.

Collecting coral.

Catching the ferry the next morning. When I finally sell my shares in Gazprom, I want to buy a super-catamaran like the one we saw just off the coast from Water Island.

Container ship headed for St. Thomas as seen from the Water Island Ferry.
It was like looking at the Death Star from the cockpit of a snub-nosed starfighter.

Sunset on Honeymoon Beach, Water Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment