Saturday, September 5, 2026

Cover Quotes for Dr. Necropolis

I've got two right now, and while I can't put either full quote on the book's actual cover, these are still really cool. They're going in there somewhere.

"An exuberating rush that is both familiar and different in the same breath.  

"The world that Danno E. Cabeza lays out for readers within the pages of The Return of Dr. Necropolis both pays homage to the great superhero stories from the past, while at the same time drawing you deep into a world of new superheroes and supervillains, in a way that entices you to become emotionally invested in their lives. In a landscape filled with unoriginality, this story is a refreshing change of pace that will have you on the edge of your seat, flipping your allegiances back and forth between rooting for and against the 'Good Guys' and 'Bad Guys' right until the very end. The Return of Dr. Necropolis builds a NEW world that will satisfy any superhero junkies' need for the next great story. An absolute hit in the making, I want more. 

"TRUST ME, I fucking loved it."

Joe Troutman, author of Gods of War: The legend of Blackhawk Company 1/23 Infantry


"Dr Necropolis takes comic book tropes that have been done to death and twists them like a pretzel, spinning a back-alley supervillain tale with unexpected bite. While its warped super-history and neo-Noir York grit recall Alan Moore’s Watchmen, to his credit Danno E. Cabeza has his own thing going here, crafting a world that somehow feels both comfortably grounded and vividly, defiantly weird. Crucially, he does this without losing sight of why this stuff was so much fun in the first place, never thinking himself too serious an artiste to gift us with a Radical Robot Rampage when the situation calls for it."

Sean M. Smith, author of Rank Absurdity and Even a Dog Enlists, Why Not You?


For the actual cover, I'm thinking, "TRUST ME, I f__ing loved it." and "[C]omfortably grounded and vividly, defiantly weird..."

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment