Wednesday, June 3, 2015

20th Anniversary

Today is the 20th anniversary of the West Point class of 1995's graduation.  Our reunion is in October, and I'm quite looking forward to it.

I pulled most of these pictures off of my Instagram account.
Some of the things my classmates have done amaze me.  Of the men and women who've stayed in the Army, most are Lieutenant Colonels, and a few have already retired.  Guys have commanded companies and even battalions in combat, and a select few have already been promoted to Colonel.  One has even taken brigade command!  More will follow, I'm sure.

Of the guys who've gotten out, we have entrepreneurs, lawyers, lawyer/entrepreneurs, corporate executives, authors, finance guys, members of the CIA, NSA and other federal agencies, and yes, even the occasional engineer.  Honestly, I'm a little surprised there aren't more engineers considering West Point's reputation and focus, but I think I'm one of very few who do the school's traditional civilian work, engineering on behalf of the nation's fundamental infrastructure.  Today that infrastructure is the bulk electric system rather than the railroad (in fairness, we also have some Internet types), but I still feel like I'm in good company in terms of historical context.

1995, With Honor We Strive!

The Army Men's Swim Team, Class of 1995, after our Graduation Parade.
Sally & the kids walking across the Apron on their way to a football game
late last season.
Sally & the girls out at Trophy Point.  Fortress West Point was founded to guard
the Upper Hudson River Valley during the Revolutionary War.
20 years later, I wear my colors at every opportunity.  This is my new
favorite running visor.
Chris was my roommate during our Yearling (sophomore) year.  We did quite a bit of traveling
together, both before and after graduation.  Earlier this year we took our families to
Gettysburg together.

No comments:

Post a Comment