Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bronx Angel: Born Leader (Cover)



This is the cover to Bronx Angel: Born Leader, the 14-page #0 issue I wrote as a prequel to the original graphic novel Politics By Another Method.

My friend Joel Klampert, owner of Rood Graphics, put this together for me, and at the time it came out, it was a little controversial among my circle of small-press friends.  At that time, most of those guys had only read the script for Born Leader, and they (understandably) thought the larger book was going to be a war story.  So why is there a guy in a ski mask on the cover?  Joel, on the other hand, had read the full 135-page script and had then drawn a cover that was appropriate to the story as a whole.  Much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued.

Anyway, I like this cover because all that chrome is just a little ghetto-fabulous, and that's very much the motif I was looking for here.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the whole book came out that way, but we can talk about that a little more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment