Monday, August 27, 2012

The Bachelor Life: Day 1

Sally and the kids are out of town this week.  They went to Phoenix, AZ, for a wedding.  That leaves me and our dog Dixie in the house by ourselves this week.

Hannah and Emma hamming it up at the National Gallery
in Washington, DC.
Its not so much that I was excited about having a week to myself.  It's more that there's just always so much to do, but without the girls, that workload largely disappears.  So Sally and the girls left yesterday around 7:00am, and Ive been in my own ever since.

The first thing I did was to go for a long bike ride.  Usually it's hard to carve out more than about 90 minutes of riding time, even on a Saturday. Yesterday I stayed out for over two hours, and I rode hills.  It was kind of awesome.  Of course, when I got home, my Honey-Do list was waiting for me, but even with breakfast and dishes and whatnot, I was still done and back home by 1:00pm.  So then I took the dog for a walk, went to the grocery store to get myself some food for the week, and then sat down with a couple of beers--Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra IPA--and put on Netflix.  I've never seen the show Farscape, do that's what Dixie and I watched. Dinner last night was stuffed salmon and salad; I figured the beer was a decent stand-in for bread or pasta.

At this point, my biggest issue is the dog.  I took her for a walk this morning, but I still have to go to work, and the neighbor who was supposed to watch her has been MIA for the past three days.  I talked to my other neighbor, and so she's gonna check on Dixie today a couple of times--I hope--but this isn't much of a solution.  Poor Dixie isn't going to like being alone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment