The Bachelor Life: Day 3

Hannah and Emma mug for the camera at a Rest Stop near
Sedona, AZ.
The girls are out in Arizona for a wedding, while I stayed behind for work and to look after our dog Dixie.  That might sound trivial, but with both my parents and grandparents gone, at this point Dixie is pretty much the only family I have left besides Sally and the girls.  And Dixie is twelve.  Needless to say, I haven't enjoyed leaving her alone all day in the house while I'm at work, but fortunately, we've got some terrific neighbors who've looked after her during the day this week.

On the other hand, it's been hard to stay motivated this week.  With just myself and the dog, the temptation to just lay on the couch and do nothing has been damn near irresistable.  But last night I finally managed to bestir myself and get out to the gym, and afterwards I felt better than I have pretty much all week.  Granted, I still haven't ironed or done some of the other things I'd hoped to get done, but it's a challenge, and with the house so unnaturally quiet, its like... What's the point?  Honestly, I'm lucky I'm eating, though to be fair, so far I've cooked every night.

So loyal readers, if you had a week to yourself, how would you spend it?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs