Sunday, July 28, 2019

Digital Camera Experiments Revisited

The more you learn, the less you know.  I really need to get down to the library to get a couple of books on photography, but I just haven't had time.  That hasn't stopped me from taking pictures.

I took this on the drive into the office during the heat wave last week.
It's heavily filtered, obviously.
Taken at Acadia, 2017.
The Hellgate and the Triboro Bridge.  The spot where the East and Hudson Rivers meet is called the Hellgate.  There's a section of the Bronx by the same name.
My friend took this shot of Newark Bay and the airport behind it.  It's only slightly filtered!
I took this right before the Air Force game last year.  This crop makes it fit as a header for your Twitter profile.  Lots of folks liked it when I posted it, including Army's new AD Mike Buddie, who retweeted it. 
Harlem 125th Street.  I filtered it slightly to bring out the colors but deliberately cropped it to leave the little homeless camp just inside the frame at the bottom right.  I hate having to tell you that, but no one has actually seen that on their own.  We're too used to overlooking that stuff.
Jetty at Long Beach in Stratford.  I'm irrationally pleased with how this came out.

This next set is from our two day trip to Mt. Snow this past weekend.  That was a lot of fun, and we got a very different perspective seeing the mountain in the summer time.  This was my first time riding a chair lift in the summer, and I fear that I took an unreasonable number of pictures from the lift.

These are in no particular order.

Sally  and Emma at the Bullwheel summit lodge for lunch.
I don't know if this is art, but I liked the way it came out.
Emma took this picture of Sally.  It's cool, but it was tough to correct because of the way she's backlit.
Looking down from the North Face.
I took a bunch like this.
We got the golden bubble on our first trip up the lift!
Obligatory mountain selfie.
Down the mountain, no filter.
Approaching the summit.  I really like this one.

That's all, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment