Saturday, November 9, 2019

#Beertography: Recropping Old Photos

Sally wants me to write a grilling cookbook.  Been after me to get started for years. 

I have the first ten thousand words down in draft, and I have an idea how I want move forward.  That's all good.  However, the working version reads more like a grilling memoir than an actual cook book, to the point that I felt like I needed to spend some more time grilling before pressing into the meat of the story.

See what I did there?



Anyway, we're in the experimental stages now.  Just this past week, I decided to do #beertography -- i.e. beer photography -- as a side project over As For Football's offseason, and since I don't really feel like starting a new tab here on the blog, I'm going to bolt this project onto Grill Geek like a sidecar.   It's on-theme in the sense that both topics belong to what I've started calling the Backyard Lifestyle.

That said, I have no idea how adding #beertopgraphy onto Grill Geek is going to change the final product, nor is it an immediate concern.  For now, this is just a fun hobby for which I needed an archives.  I badly need a change of subject from football.  This project is going to help keep me sane.  With that in mind, please don't think of any of this as finished.  This is more like me playing with ideas while letting you into my process.

I culled these first pics from our family's digital photo archives.  Some were legitimate Beer Pics, and some I recropped and edited to change or enhance their focal point and emphasis.  I think you'll be able to tell which is which.

Let me know what you think!








No comments:

Post a Comment