Elicit Brewing Company & "Meet Me at the Barre"

My beautiful wife Sally did an event at the Elicit Brewing Company in Manchester, Connecticut, yesterday.  She called it "Meet Me at the Barre".  I went with her and took some pictures for her new website HeadSpace.Fit.

The Elicit Brewing Company
Sally taught for an hour.  I don't pretend to be an expert in barre or dance, but she put a group of college-age friends through their passes, and -- I think -- smoked most of them.  It was fun to watch, and I enjoyed taking these pictures, but I felt a little like a bum for not bringing my yoga mat.

Warm-up during Barre at the Bar
Beer after workout
We really enjoyed Elicit Brewing.  The brewery itself is massively large and spacious, with multiple rooms and plenty of places to spread out or just chill.  They even have a 1980s-style video arcade complete with Donkey Kong and many other old-school favorites.

As of this writing, Elicit has nine homegrown beers, my favorite of which was an Imperial IPA, Super Girl Dad.  Full disclosure: I'm not sure how you pronounce that.  I assumed it was "Super Girl-Dad", but when I ordered it, the girl at the bar pronounced it "Supergirl, Dad".  Still not sure what to do with that.

We also tried the Carousel Incident New England IPA and brought home a four-pack of Marriage Counseling Imperial Double-IPA, and Sally tried Das Crispi Boi German Pilsner.  All of that was terrific, though the German-style pilsners aren't really my thing.  Nevertheless, every bit of beer we tried was really terrific.

The main tap room
The upstairs bar
The Maestro at work
Barre at the bar
Glute stretch


Warm down
Closing on a note of gratitude
Alas, Manchester, Connecticut, is not exactly right around the corner.  It's east of Hartford -- about an hour from our house here in Stratford.  Unless Sally does another Meet Me at the Barre event, I honestly don't know when we'll get back.  Still, we had a lot of fun out there yesterday, so hopefully we'll get a chance to get back sooner rather than later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs