Saturday, February 18, 2023

30 Day Poetry Challenge: Day 17

My daughter Hannah suggested this challenge for our family. She wants to try writing more poetry, and she's hoping that this challenge will get her into the habit.

She, my daughter Emma, and I started this thing, and then my wife joined after a few days. Now we are all doing the challenge. 

Yesterday was Day 17.

17. Find a friend. Write a collaborative poem that is at least 12 lines. Take turns by having one person write a line, then switch until you feel it is complete.


Hannah (Right) and I wrote this one together. My lines are Red. Hers are Black.

Back from a ski trip with my office in pieces, Traveling alone in my wet, muddy sneakers; Rainy afternoon at the end of the week, A cold gray sky makes Friday feel bleak. Pasta and tomato sauce cooking in the kitchen, The smell of Mom’s cooking starts my mood switchin’. The table now set for four instead of three; We’ll have a Boobaloo here, just wait & see! Tomorrow will be sunny and 60 degrees Which beats the heck out of a winter deep freeze! A three day weekend after a hard-ass week. Is just what I need to get back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment